The Be Your Own Publisher Course Instructor
I first discovered how to be my own publisher back in 2005, though I didn't actually get around to establishing my own publishing company until April of 2006. Initially, I intended to be my own publisher alone, but after some thought, I decided to be the publisher for other aspiring and struggling authors, too. Now, after having done this rewarding work for several years, I have decided to "let the cat out of the bag" and tell everyone else how they can do it, too.
Are you interested in being your own publisher? Would you like to be able to publish your own writings at will, without begging for the attention and approval of so-called traditional publishers? Maybe you'd like to help some other struggling authors as well. Certainly, these are all worthy ambitions to have.
After you complete this short course, you'll know everything you need to know about how to create your own publishing house, but the actual work of making it happen will rest entirely on you. Are you ready to take the plunge? Perhaps you've already read the description page of what this course is about and what you can expect, and now you've read up on the instructor (my professional credentials are listed below), so all you have left to do is check out the schedule for where the next live seminar will be held, or else you can opt to go ahead and/or buy the digital course package online right now. Don't wait another minute!
- Dual Bachelor of Science degree in English and history from Troy University in Troy, AL
- Master of Divinity degree in theology from Candler School of Theology at Emory University in Atlanta, GA
- 30+ years as a Christian Pastor
- 20+ years as a freelance writer for various publications, including The Christian Advocate (a monthly magazine of The Alabama/West Florida Conference of The United Methodist Church -- no longer in print), The Army Chaplaincy Professional Bulletin (a seasonal journal for U. S. Army Chaplains), Christian Focus Magazine (a monthly devotional magazine to encourage Christians in living out their faith), Christian Computing Magazine (a monthly magazine about using digital technologies in Christian ministry -- now produced entirely electronically and renamed Ministry Tech magazine), and a host of U. S. Army Installation newspapers, military and church newsletters, and more. For an extensive list of my writings, see the collection of published articles on my personal Website
- Founder and Managing Editor of the independent Christian publishing company, Parson Place Press, since 2006
Author of Six Books To Date
- Served a total of 31 years of combined enlisted and officer service in the U. S. Army (USA), the U. S. Army Reserve (USAR), and the Alabama Army National Guard (AL-ARNG)
- Retired as a chaplain from the AL-ARNG at the rank of Major/O4
(Visit my author Website
more details about each book):
- Tbe Salvation of the LORD (Parson Place Press, 2014)
- A Publishing Panacea: How to Be Your Own Publisher in the Digital Age (Parson Place Press, 2014)
- Lifelines (Parson Place Press, 2013)
- Seven Keys to Effective Prayer (Parson Place Press, 2012)
- A Time for Everything: the Kevin Zimmerman Story (Second Edition, Parson Place Press, 2012; First Edition, Parson Place Press, 2008)
- Digital Evangelism: You Can Do It, Too! (Second Edition, Parson Place Press, 2011; First Edition, Brentwood Christian Press, 2004)